Disclosure: This site is reader-supported & contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more
“Here’s a strong office chair!” That was my first impression when I first saw this product. So, as I write the modway articulate ergonomic mesh office chair review, I’m writing based on what I consider this chair to be.
Modway Articulate is not only adjustable but also an ergonomic chair. Due to its high quality and top comfort, this chair is best for those people looking to upgrade their offices with a modern seat.
The generously padded seat will keep you fully focused on your work for a productive day. The tilt tension and lock system ensure you have correct comfort and good posture.
Mobility is no longer going to be hard to do when you buy this chair because it’s suitable for hardwood and carpeted floorings.
But there’s more that led me to love this chair. So, read on.
Table of Contents
Are Modway chairs good quality?
Generally, Modway chairs are good quality. I can tell this because they generally have a score of 86 percent. That’s to say, most buyers are impressed with their quality.
Also, many buyers give the Modway articulate mesh office chair a five-star rating.
Like any other brand, though, some Modway chairs are fairly designed and get a four-star rating.
Modway Articulate Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair Review
Give your office a new look by adding this ergonomic chair in your office. Here’s what’s in the chair.
Office work can be demanding most times, and the least you want to do is keep on walking around the office to relieve the stress of sitting on a poorly designed chair. However, customizable seating gives you the option of choosing the seating you want at any time. Modway is one such ergonomic chair with customizable armrests and seat height. With only one touch, you can customize the armrests to give your arms excellent support while you type.
The Modway eei-757-blk articulate ergonomic mesh office chair in black allows height adjustment for sufficient back support. The tilt, as well as the lock systems, allows you to customize the chair to your needs not to mention the 360 degree swivel.
Almost every chair is ‘ergonomic’ as every brand calls its chair so. But what exactly is an ergonomic chair? I would say, it’s the chair that gives excellent comfort and support while helping you retain the right posture while you’re seated.
Modway is, therefore, an ergonomic chair as it offers all of these features. The breathable backrest, which is 22 inches, is suitable for any office but more essential in a hot working environment.
The backrest height, from the floor to the top, is 37 to 41.5 inches. So, according to your height, you can adjust it. On the other hand, the dimension of the backrest from the seat to the backrest is 22 inches. Besides, it’s 6 inches contoured mesh seat cushion is highly comfortable.
Hence, the Modway articulate ergonomic mesh office chair, whose cushion is highly padded, won’t hurt your butts. Thankfully, you can also customize the armrests by adjusting their height from 27.5 to 32 inches.
Are you using a hardwood floor or a carpeted one? It doesn’t matter. This chair’s wheels move freely on either floor. Besides, the five-dual wheel casters are strong and durable.
So, whether you need it for a workstation or a computer desk, the chair is ideal.
Designed to support a weight of 331 lbs, this Modway Articulate is good for daily use as it guarantees comfort.
So, it doesn’t matter how long you work in your office or what type of office work you do—your comfort never gets low. Moreover, it offers excellent support and is sturdily built.
- Base: Swivel
- Color: Black
- Material: Nylon, iron, Engineered wood, and Polypropylene
- Chair weight: 36 lbs
- Dimensions: 26 x 26.5 x 39 inches
What Other Buyers Are Saying
I checked what buyers had to say about this chair. I must say, the Modway articulate mesh office chair review I have here isn’t enough, as many customers had a lot to say. Take, for example, Dante, who wished he could give the chair a six-star rating, loved most of the features.
Fergus, on the other hand, said that the chair was comfy and easy to assemble. He, however, was unhappy with the fact that the arm locking mechanism was weak. So, a little pressure on it pushed the arm down.
Also, two other buyers, who work remotely, loved the chair. One was impressed by the support the chair offers, while the other exclaimed that the chair is firm and easy to clean.
What I like
- Lumbar support: The backrest offers continued support, which relieves past lower back strains and pains. There’s also minimal pressure on the spine.
- Comfy: The padded seat allows you to sit for about 9 hours without experiencing any discomfort.
- Strong chair: The material used is sturdy, making the Modway articulate office chair generally strong and durable.
- Separate seat and back adjustment feature: Being able to adjust the seat tilt and the back separately is something great. It helps attain the right comfort without much effort.
- Breathable Mesh: Stop worrying about high back temperatures. The breathable mesh allows enough air ventilation so that you won’t need to change or remove your shirt on a hot day.
- Easy to Assemble: Anyone can assemble the chair in less than 20 minutes. So, it’s easy to have it ready without wasting your precious time.
- Not pricey: When compared to most chairs in the market, this chair is way more affordable. It’s, therefore, ideal for people working from home.
What I Don’t Like
- It’s made of Polypropylene: This is a cancer-causing chemical. Apart from that, Polypropylene causes hormonal dysregulation and birth defects. Other complications may include children having difficulties in learning. DEHP and other substances such as vinyl chloride and dioxins cause this. So, it may be unhealthy to use the Modway articulate ergonomic mesh office chair in black every day as the EPA warns of the pending risks.
- Deep holes: The back mesh needs vacuum cleaning if small specks get stuck. This is because it’s hard to reach them to effectively and easily remove them.
- Doesn’t tilt much: Though the chair tilts, it doesn’t tilt much. A little more tilt backward would be great—at least 5 to 10 degrees further.
I’m recommending the Modway chair to anybody who wants to buy a well-priced chair. As you may have noticed in the Modway articulate ergonomic mesh office chair review, I just concluded, this is one of the comfy and affordable chairs.
Besides, it’s sturdy, easy to set up, and has great adjustment features. Moreover, the lumbar support gives your lower back relief and makes it easy to sit all day correctly.
Although the use of Polypropylene is alarming, we may need to do more research to verify the quantity used as much of it is what causes cancer. Also, it would be best to avoid using the chair every day.
A Fascinating Herman Miller Embody Review: What No-One Ever Told You!
With most people focusing on the eye-watering cost, Herman Miller Embody review shares the truths no one ever told you about the Embody. You’re a click away.
Steelcase Leap V2 Review: The Chair that Lasts for Decades!
A genuine steelcase leap v2 review. It clearly outlines the features of leap v2, the winning ergonomic chair that lasts decades. It's top- quality.
Herman Miller Mirra 2 Review
Are you searching for a top-notch ergonomic office chair? Dive into this Herman Miller Mirra 2 review to determine why this might be the best chair for you.
Steelcase Series 1 Review (2022 Updated)
Our Steelcase Series 1 review focuses on an affordable chair. It’s comfortable even to those working for long hours and offers 3 unique recline settings.