Disclosure: This site is reader-supported & contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more
Do you have a sciatica health challenge, but you have to sit for extended hours to work? Are you a CEO whose company offers 24/7 services and needs chairs that your staff can use? Do you love gaming but want a comfortable yet affordable chair? Well, look no further.
I have the best office chair that offers comfort, eases pain, and gives a luxurious feeling while working. When writing this Steelcase series 1 review, I was keen to pick only the best for you.
In my findings (as you’ll see in this review), series 1 maximizes your performance and improves the style of your office. Moreover, this affordable chair gives you a ton of choices as it offers 3 recline settings.
Are you looking for a budget-friendly chair? This is your best match.
Grab some pop-corns and read on.
Table of Contents
- A Little About Steelcase
- Is Steelcase Series 1 worth it?
- Steelcase Series 1 Review: The Best Seat For Office Work
- Noticeable Features
- Is Steelcase Series 1 Comfortable?
- How Do You Set Up A Steelcase Series 1 Chair?
- The Parting Shot
A Little About Steelcase
Steelcase has been in the market for many years and still counting. Not only do they create high-quality, build-to-last, and affordable chairs to cater to all people, but they also offer technology products. In addition, they offer architecture products and services.
Is Steelcase Series 1 worth it?
Steelcase Series 1 offers comfort to people suffering from sciatica and eases their pains. As such, they can focus on their office work without seeking constant breaks from their bosses.
Also, the series 1 chair offers lots of adjustment options, which enables you to set your seat at the most comfortable position for an interrupted working session.
Thankfully, you don’t have to break your bank to buy a series 1 chair. Most people are able to afford it.
Most importantly, the chair is durable. It serves users for years without breaking. Though Steelcase series 1 doesn’t have a headrest, you can buy one and install it.
But that’s not all; this chair is easy to clean and maintain. What’s my verdict, therefore? Steelcase Series 1 is worth it.Buy Now From Amazon
Steelcase Series 1 Review: The Best Seat For Office Work
There are many office chairs out there. However, not every office chair is suitable for all of us.
Some people have back and neck problems. Others sweat when they sit for long hours; hence suffer from back irritations. Still, others complain about butt, arm, and hip pains. It’s for this reason that I carefully reviewed this chair to help you get the best out of your hard-earned money.
Read on to know what you’ll get from this chair.
Ergonomic chairs have long-term benefits. Their ability to adjust the arms fully, the pneumatic seat height, and the seat depth is one of the things every office owner will agree they crave. What’s more?
If the tension of the recline feels uncomfortable, you can always adjust it at any time.
With a black base, the series 1 steelcase matches with every asset in your office. So, you won’t have to worry about repainting the wall or replacing some tools in your office.
Good Cooling Effect
No fan? No problem! Steelcase chairs have mesh upholstery that makes ventilation possible. Consequently, your back never sweats, even when you have your coat on all day.
The back is also flexible, and it has a frame finish, which makes it more durable than most chairs. Definitely, it’s a plus having this chair in your office.
But here’s what I liked most. The chair is suitable for busy offices. Yes, even those offering 24/7 services. Why? It’s a high-quality Steelcase chair that lasts for years, even under heavy use.
Easy To Clean and Maintain
With the connect seat and back mesh fabrics being made of pure polyester, the chair’s cleaning and maintenance become stress-free. Here’s why. Polyester is machine-washable. Also, it is resistant to water.
Worried about your lovely pet scratching your seat and damaging it? No need to. Polyester is a strong material that withstands tearing and ripping.
Suitable for Carpet Flooring
Oh, did I mention the wheels? Wheels make the movability of the chair easy.
You can carry other office tools with one hand and push the chair to another position using the other hand. Well, they’re made for carpet floorings. That’s not to say that you cannot use the chair on other floorings.
Definitely, you can.
Besides, they never corrode. When moving the chair around the office or to different rooms, the wheels don’t get damaged. They’re super strong.
They also don’t break or bend.
On the other hand, casters aren’t noisy. So, you won’t have trouble with your workmates when shifting the chair to another place.
Conforms With Your Body
Did you know that your comfort and health have a direct impact on your productivity? The manufacturers of Steelcase series one understand this too well. Hence, they ensured this chair conforms to your body regardless of your height or weight.
The chair also moves when you move so as to give maximum support to your spine so as to offer comfort without causing any injuries.
Office work is demanding at times. Leaving your seat to pick a new pen, book, or another asset on the other side of the table can be overwhelming and time-wasting.
Whenever you want to catch your favorite channel as you take a break for an hour or so, it becomes super easy.
Why? A slight turn makes you face your mounted TV to catch your best programs.
- Color: Graphite
- Recommended Weight: 300 pounds (max)
- Material: Textile
- Form Factor: Upholstered
What I liked
- Stylish: It’s a unique chair that is noticeable among other office furniture.
- Wheels: The wheels make the mobility of this chair super easy. Besides, it moves so well on carpet flooring. Plus, you can always lock it to prevent it from moving when you sit to work.
- Durability: It’s worth the price as it lasts for years without breaking down. Even if it breaks down, it never does to a point where you cannot repair it and make it last for a couple more years. It’s worth it!
- Versatile: Great for any work; it can be gaming or desk work.
- Comfort: Regardless of the number of hours you sit, your back never aches, nor does your back sweat. You can always adjust any part of the chair to add more comfort. Besides, whether it’s the position of the pad, the lumbar support, or the armrest, adjustment is super easy for everyone. I sincerely loved the fact that a friend of mine who suffers from sciatica could use this chair for hours yet have no health problems.
- Color: Neutral color that coordinates with other colors in the office.
What I didn’t Like
- Weight: People who weigh more than 300pounds may have to look for an alternative.
- Assemble: Not everyone is a DIY techie. Hence, some people might have to spend more by hiring an expert to assemble the chair for them. However, I have heard cases where people received theirs while fully installed at no extra cost.
- Limited Warranty: Like any other product, Steelcase chair doesn’t offer a lifetime warranty for the entire product. For example, while the armrests and seat may have a lifetime warranty, the textiles’ warranty is between 5 to 12 years. On the other hand, the foam padding, mechanisms, casters, and arm caps may have a limited warranty of about 12 years. The same applies to the casters.
Is Steelcase Series 1 Comfortable?
Without a doubt, Steelcase series 1 is comfortable for most people. Here’s why.
The chair has a soft cushion that soothes your butts even after long hours of sitting down. As such, you don’t have to take unnecessary breaks unless you want.
The arm and height are also adjustable. Therefore, you adjust your chair according to your preferences and the level of comfort you want. Talking of stability, this is not the chair that keeps swaying from one end of the table to the other as you work.
Did I also mention that the armrest is made of a soft material, which allows your hands to rest on them for as long as you want? Well, now you know.
How about chronic pain; is it any good? My friend would swear that she has struggled with constant chronic pain for a long time. Sadly, although she works from home, she has to dedicate 8-hours a day to her office work.
Thankfully, the Series 1 did not only offer maximum comfort to her, but it also eased the pain she always struggled with.
Needless to say, she could work from her office if they bought this chair for her.Check Latest Price on Amazon
How Do You Set Up A Steelcase Series 1 Chair?
Setting up a Steelcase series 1 chair is as easy as saying 1,2,3. Besides, it takes just a few minutes to do so. In fact, you don’t need to hire anyone to do this for you; yes, even if you’re a lady like me, you can always do it.
So, how do you set it up?
- Remove every part from the packaging.
- First things first pop in the casters into the wheelbase. At least, you need the base so that you can have every other part sitting on it, one after another.
- Next, install the chair gas cylinder. To do this, place the end of the cylinder into the top of the chair wheelbase. The skinny part goes up.
- Expose the hole of the gas cylinder. You do so by flipping the main body of the chair upside down. The next thing is inserting the gas cylinder’s small end into the hole.
- Have the base standing again to be able to install the seat in its place.
- So, slide the tracks into the rails. Finalize the installation and make the seat firm. Do so by pressing the seat’s depth level. This way, you engage the seat’s mechanism making it firm in its place.
- Congratulations! It is all done. Take a seat. Are you comfortable? I bet not since the seat height is still very low. The armrests could as well need some adjustments. Therefore, adjust the seat height to the level your feet are flat on the floor. On the other hand, the knees should be at 90˚.
How Long Do Steelcase Chairs Last?
Steelcase chairs last for 20 years, claims the manufacturer.
It’s worth noting that the series 1 chair by Steelcase features a sturdy material that is highly durable and easy to clean and maintain. Consequently, the chair lasts many years.
However, your chair can last much longer or shorter depending on how you handle it. Also, if you clean and service your Steelcase chair, it will last many years.
Does Steelcase Series 1 Have Headrest?
The headrests offer support to your neck, especially if you’re working for long hours. It’s also good if you want a great posture when working or relaxing in your office. It’s also a great deal for the tall guys.
Unfortunately, Steelcase series 1 doesn’t have a headrest.
Thankfully, you can buy the headrest separately and install it yourself. What’s more? It takes a few minutes to do so.
Can I Add A Headrest To Steelcase Series 1?
Yes, you can add a headrest to Steelcase series 1 any time you wish. Thankfully, even if you’re not a DIY techie, it’s doable and easy.
Besides the headrest, you will need:
- A drill
- Screw Driver
Right at the back of the Steelcase series 1 backrest, drill two holes. Drill them near the top of the chair’s backrest. They should also be small holes so that the screws fit well.
Use the screwdriver to tighten the two screws and confirm if they’re well fitted. Good job, you’ve successfully added the headrest to your Steelcase chair.
The Parting Shot
As this Steelcase series 1 review illustrates, this chair is a great buy as it offers unique comfort. What else would you ask for other than an affordable yet durable chair? Wouldn’t you want a chair that gives your office a new, modernized style that everyone craves for?
Who doesn’t want a chair that is easy to move? Come to think of it, you don’t have to take breaks to soothe your shoulders, butts, and hands since this chair does exactly that.
Moreover, with a single turn on the left or right, your chair turns with you. Hence, it’s easy to pick something on the other end of the table without leaving your working area.
Why wait longer; buy your Steelcase 1 chair today.
Derrick is a passionate writer, researcher, and product reviewer, who started his writing career while in college. He goes above and beyond to create in-depth product reviews and other informative articles. When he is not writing, you’ll find him playing games with the boys. Basically, he spends most of his time on product research.
Alera Elusion Review: High-Back or Mid-back Model?
Is the Alera Elusion what the manufacturer claims to be? The Alera Elusion review answers this and other questions. Check out this review to find out more.
Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair Review
Click the Gabrylly ergonomic mesh office chair review to buy a roomy chair that is usable in the conference room, office, and study rooms.