Disclosure: This site is reader-supported & contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more
Forget about the many factors you have to consider when looking for an ergonomic office chair. My Hon Ignition 2.0 review brings your worries to an end. Why? The chair under discussion is not only good for large spaces but also for small ones.
It’s no longer about how you sit when working, what posture you want, how long you’re working, it’s so much about how you customize it.
In layman language, the seat depth and height, the arms and back, as well as the 360˚ swivel, couldn’t make you less comfortable than you would want. Simply put, this is a flexible yet stylish chair for anyone who can afford it.
The durable and sturdy base allows a maximum weight of 300 pounds. Are you looking for a durable chair that you can use in a busy office setup? End your search here by reading the review below.
Table of Contents
- What is a Hon chair?
- Is Hon A Good Office Chair?
- Hon Ignition 2.0 Review: A Versatile Office Chair
- How Do You Assemble A Hon Ignition 2 Chair?
- How Do I Adjust My Hon Ignition Chair?
What is a Hon chair?
A Hon chair is the only model that boasts of providing an all-day supportive seat that is cost-friendly (to most people) and offers unlimited support.
Hon chairs are among the top-selling today mainly because they’re suitable for nearly everyone. Also, since they fit all working spaces regardless of their styles, these chairs sell like hot cake.
The Hon Company designs its chairs with busy office users and work-alcoholics in mind. Hence, there are numerous enhancement features found in the Hon chair that makes your day stress-free. The chair can be used with any office or conference table and office desks.
Is Hon A Good Office Chair?
Some of the distinguishing features of Hon Ignition 2.0 mid back adjustable lumbar work chair are the customizable tilt angle and tension. They help support your body better. The lower lumbar support is way better than most other office chairs.
The seat height, too, keeps your shoulders supported and comfortable. Unlike what you would expect for such a chair, it doesn’t have an eye-watering price tag.
My verdict, therefore, is that Hon is a good office chair as it has a favorable price without eliminating the most valuable features that make it ergonomic. Besides, it’s one of the chairs you’ll buy and forget buying another one anytime soon. No amount of words can describe how good Hon is for any office setup.
Hon Ignition 2.0 Review: A Versatile Office Chair
With the Hon Ignition 2.0 chair, it’s not about how tall you are or the amount of work you do in a day, it’s about its enhancement features.
Adjustable Ergonomic Chair
From the tilt tension, armrests angle, seat height, and sliding cushions, ignition 2.0 will spoil you with numerous adjustment options.
For example, the 360˚swivel allows you to face any direction of your office or working desk. But there are more reasons why this Hon model ranks among other models. Just so you see what I mean, let me discuss these valuable features:
Especially when you’re spending more time on your ergonomic chair, your arms should stay in a relaxed position. Also, when you adjust other parts of the chair like the seat height and tilt, the armrests may need to adjust, too, to give your entire body a perfect posture.
Thanks to Hon Ignition 2, you can adjust the armrests for a perfect, comfortable, and extended sitting position.
Tilting the chair is not only good for your back but also your spine. For example, when you tilt the chair to the front, you alleviate the pressure on the back muscles, thereby eliminating stress on the spine.
So, set the proper tilt angle and tension and lock the chair after attaining the correct setting. The back features a synchro-tilt mechanism. With this feature, you can recline your seat at a ratio of 2:1 to the current seat angle. On the front of your Ignition 2.0, there’s a pivot point. Use it when setting the correct recline angle.
For the tilt tension, use the knob on the right-hand side (more on this later). With it, you can loosen or tighten the tension.
Consequently, even after being in the office all day, you cannot have any back pains as long as you’ve chosen the right seat tilt.
Seat Height And Depth
Your back and legs must be comfortable if you want to use any seat for more than 30 minutes. This allows correct blood flow in all parts of your body, thereby eliminating unnecessary nerve problems. The Hon ergonomic chair gives you the privilege to move the seat to the front or backward to give your legs enough room.
Based on the space you need between your knees and the seat, you can use the seat glide mechanism to move the seat to the front. The farthest the seat can go is 21.5 from 17.1 inches. On the other hand, you can adjust the seat height to a higher position if you’re tall or lower it if you’re short. Thankfully, the seat height and depth adjust independently.
Have you been trying to maintain or rectify your posture? You’re now sorted. Why? The Hon Ignition 2.0 mid-back adjustable lumbar is customizable. Therefore, any level of comfort is easily attainable. Besides, the lumbar is stable hence won’t wobble.
Plus, the meshed back gives you a cool feeling. Having a meshed back also means that the chair is light—thus easy to move.
High standard Material
Hon prioritizes your health. Featuring raw materials in most of its parts, the chair produces no toxic substances.
Do you have pets? It shouldn’t bother you—not even for a minute. Here’s the reason.
The product features scratch-resistant materials. Therefore, your pet playing around you won’t be anything to worry about. On the other hand, the mesh used on the seatback is strong. Therefore, it doesn’t bend due to many years of use.
Like the Workpro 4000 chair, this model has minimal assembly requirements. The Hon Ignition 2.0 assembly takes little time since part of it comes assembled. That is the structure below the seat.
Even so, the back part is tricky for most people. Bolting it requires a bit of effort.
- Brand: Hon
- Color: Black
- Material: Textile
- Base: Swivel
- Form factor: Upholstered
What Other Customers Are Saying
“Firm but responsive tilt doesn’t make me feel like I’ll tip over,” said Jim. At the time of writing the Hon chair review, he said that he was also impressed by the armrests. The supportive mesh back was solid enough.
When compared to the plastic models, Jim said the chair is heavy but stable. Further, he noted that the glides were perfect for carpet flooring. Even so, Jim says the lumbar support is not the best as it doesn’t offer excellent support. “But at least I can feel it’s there,” he added.
What I like
- A synchro-tilt technology for correct posture
- Highly durable and safe material
- Seat position, back recline, and back height are customizable
- Height adjustment options make the chair suitable for people of all heights
- Quality matches the price tag
- Sturdy wheels and durable swivel base
- Lightweight due to the breathable mesh
- The manufacturer claims to offer a lifetime warranty
What I don’t like
- No backrest—only available on order at an extra cost
- Connecting bolts seem to be of a low quality
- Casters may wear out after about five years of daily use
How Do You Assemble A Hon Ignition 2 Chair?
Like I mentioned previously, there’s little for you to do in regards to assembly. But you don’t have to worry about anything. Follow the Ignition 2.0 manual guide below to assemble the Ignition 2 without any stress.
- The ignition seat height adjusts by lifting or lowering down to the most comfortable height
- Adjust the seat by sliding forward or backward to fit your body size.
- The back height also adjusts into six vertical positions. This provides personalized lumbar support
- Use the height and width features to adjust the arms. Move them up or down—lock them using the lever.
- The synchro-tilt recline allows the back to recline at a comfortable 2:1 ratio. This keeps your body level to the floor and ensures a natural recline
- You can lift the tilt open and lock the chair in one of the four positions
- The side rotating tilt tension knob controls the chair back tension.
How Do I Adjust My Hon Ignition Chair?
Below is a simple, quick-to-follow guide on how to adjust your Hon Ignition chair.
- Open the box and get the chair parts out
- Close the box and use it as a platform to install the chair parts
- Start by placing the seat on the box facing upside down—install the arms
- Ensure the lever locks are unlocked
- Insert the arms into the latch on one side and push them in before locking them.
- Repeat the same for the other arm
- Next, install the back by inserting it into the channel on the seat. Position it under the seal plate—fix the three provided bolts before tightening.
- Attach the base by fixing all the wheels. Next, flip the base—attach the cylinder (ensure the cap is on).
- Finally, connect the base.
- Place the chair on a carton (or carpet floor) and insert the cylinder into the middle control of the chair.
- Flip your task chair—it’s all done. You can now sit on it.
You get what you pay for! Hon Ignition 2.0 review focused on what you get so that you can decide if the product is worth your money or not. Compromising your comfort and correct posture costs more in the long run than what you get when you buy this chair.
With all of the daily stress associated with daily office work, you can’t risk topping it through the stress associated with a bad chair.
So, don’t overlook the need for a durable, sturdy, and professionally designed chair—you’re a click away from your best purchase.
Make your order today—tomorrow could be too late!
Andrew Smith is the founder of CozySeating, is a father of 2, and an engineer from one of the leading furniture stores in the country. Due to his 10 years of experience, he has proved to be the best person to offer advice to clients regarding different seating furniture based on their needs and performance. Besides, he is a specialist in product reviews and always keeps up with the current trends in the market.
Haworth Zody Chair Review: Sustainable Office Chair
Here’s the Haworth Zody chair review that discusses the first chair to get the Cradle-to-Cradle Gold certification. The chair is good for all body types.
Herman Miller Sayl Review: The Hard Truth About the Sayl Chair!
Have you bought the less bulky, sleek chair that features 3D, unframed intelligent back yet? Buy this affordable but comfy chair NOW! Check out the Herman Miller Sayl review.