Disclosure: This site is reader-supported & contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more
If you don’t want to buy a chair that requires effort to adjust and assemble, buy the Duramont chair. As you will find out in the comprehensive Duramont ergonomic adjustable office chair review below, this is a mid-priced chair.
While I didn’t like the fact that this chair’s armrests cannot angle pivot and the seat depth isn’t adjustable, there was a lot that makes it a great deal.
Firstly, its features fall in the category of the top tier models—Aeron and leap. Simply put, you get great comfort from this chair. Unlike the Alera Elusion and some other models that have no headrest, Duramont has one.
The simple yet ergonomic Duramont also keeps the body cool due to the mesh, which is also tall to cater for the tall users.
But these features aren’t the only reasons you’ll love this chair, there is more. So, read to the end.
Table of Contents
Is Duramont A Good Brand?
To determine if it’s worth considering products from the Duramont company, let’s consider how they fare in the market:
Established in 2017, Duramont company, which is based in China, has sold many chairs in and out of China. For example, in 2021, they shipped about 46 400 chairs in the United States. That definitely confirms that Duramont is a good brand.
Otherwise, these products wouldn’t sell in countries that value quality over quantity, for example, the US.
Founded under the name “The Brafman Group Inc.,” the company has been importing chairs from Ningbo Nice Commodity Co. Ltd, which is also located in China.
Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair Review
There are many features in the Duramont chair that should make you consider the idea of buying this chair seriously. Let me discuss each of them below;
Stress-free to Assemble and Adjust
In only eight steps, your chair will be ready for use. Moreover, the manual is clear and easy to follow. Therefore, in only a few minutes, you’ll be done with the set-up and ready to use your new Duramont adjustable office chair.
Have you been diagnosed with back pain problems? Does your spine ache often? Don’t worry anymore. The Duramont chair’s lumbar support is excellently built to allow you to work in a straight or tilted position.
One feature that sets this chair apart is the lumbar depth control knob. Right behind the chair is the knob, which you can use to increase or decrease the depth. You can as well adjust the tilt angle when you need to, from 90, 100, and 120 degrees. This is not only a good chair for anyone who has back problems but also for people who want to protect their backs from strains and pains.
Highest Quality Material
To ensure that the chair can comfortably hold a capacity of 330lbs, the mesh features top-quality materials. Starting with the strong mesh, well-padded seat, strong casters, and top-quality wheels, this is a high-value chair.
Headrest and High Backrest
Tall people sometimes have to look for a chair that has a headrest if they cannot find a chair with a high backrest. While the headrest may still work, it may not offer optimum support for tall people.
Ranging between 42 to 46 inches, even the tall guys get sufficient support for their back. The presence of the headrest adds to this great feature by supporting your neck and head. So, this Duramont ergonomic adjustable office chair with lumbar support could be what you need for your nine-to-five job as you can sit for nine to 12 hours. Every day!
Every chair comes with a warranty that lasts for several years. However, just a handful of brands allow money-back after 90 days. At least, the NOUHAUS ErgoFlip Mesh Computer Chair offers a 30-days money back service, but Duramont has gone an extra mile. It offers a 90-days money-back service.
In such a case, there’s no fear of buying the chair, at least to test the waters, before fully deciding if this is your perfect office companion. Make your order today and benefit from the 100 percent money-back guarantee if you prefer a better option than the Duramont.
The rubber wheels last longer and roll smoothly on nearly any floor.
These are not the type that cracks suddenly when you least expect it. The base, on the other hand, is made of anodized aluminum. The chair’s base is light, thereby making its weight 44.6 pounds.
Though there are several limitations as to how far you can go in terms of adjustment, the height and other parts of the Duramont ergonomic adjustable office chair are customizable. You can, therefore, adjust the height of the chair to 20.8 inches from 16.9 inches.
Featuring a 2D customization option, you can adjust the chair’s armrests depth as well as height. Unfortunately, since they lack the 3D or 4D adjustment range, you can’t customize their width. The same applies to the pivot angle.
- Material: Mesh
- Brand: Duramont
- Weight Capacity: 330lbs
- Chair Dimensions: 23.6 by 26 by 42 inches
- Chair Weight: 44.6 pounds
What Other Customers Are Saying
George, in his Duramont office chair review, had three words for you, “Just buy it!” Here’s the reason he gave this review. Due to his medical condition, he requires an ergonomic chair that is adjustable and highly sturdy—he got all of these in this chair!
Besides, he got two times more hardware for setting up the chair, and it took only a few minutes to set it.
Further, he says that the rollerblade casters make navigation around his tiled room completely easy. But the best thing is that he felt comfortable, and the nerve pain had incredibly reduced. So, you might want to get this chair as soon as possible.
What I like
- Cooling Effect: The cooling effect that comes as a result of the mesh in the Duramont ergonomic adjustable office chair is something you wouldn’t want to miss out on. Besides, the mesh is tall to fully support tall people.
- Properly Cushioned: To hold the weight of those who weigh close to 300 or more pounds, the cushion is well padded so that it won’t wear out soon. The seat has a slight slope, which makes the seat good for both tall and short people (Best Office Chairs for Short Person). Your legs should, therefore, not become numb—they’ll get fully supported.
- Customizable Chair: You can customize the lumbar as you wish up to three different angles—90, 100, and 120 degrees. The armrests height is adjustable, and so is their depth.
- Rollerblade casters: You don’t have to worry about the type of floor your office or home has. Why? The Duramont ergonomic office chair can be used on nearly every flooring.
- High Weight Capacity: Most chairs have a maximum weight capacity of 250 to 300 lbs. The Duramont chair, though, has a higher capacity of 330lbs, which is suitable for most heavy people.
- Headrest: What most brands offer is a chair with a supportive lumbar and adjustable backrest, but not a headrest. And while most of those chairs cost you an arm and a leg, the headrest is only available as an add-on at an extra cost. So, Duramont is definitely worth considering.
What I don’t like
- Hard to clean the seat: Due to the mesh that covers the seat, if particles, for example, food, fall on the seat, cleaning it may be a bit of a challenge. You might need a vacuum cleaner to remove such particles from between the mesh and the seat cover.
- Armrests’ limited Customization: You cannot pivot the armrests and their width can equally not change.
The adjustable lumbar, high weight capacity, and well-padded cushion are some of the features that make this chair sell. Not to mention, it’s pricing, which to most, is affordable. Even though you may not have numerous armrests adjustment options, at least you can adjust their height and depth—this (I believe) is the most vital adjustment option.
And like Geroge mentioned in the Duramont ergonomic adjustable office chair review, this chair is comfortable and good for people with back problems.
The best part? You have a 90-days money-back guarantee which you may take advantage of in case you need a better option than this chair. So, don’t wait any longer—buy the Duramont chair NOW!
Andrew Smith is the founder of CozySeating, is a father of 2, and an engineer from one of the leading furniture stores in the country. Due to his 10 years of experience, he has proved to be the best person to offer advice to clients regarding different seating furniture based on their needs and performance. Besides, he is a specialist in product reviews and always keeps up with the current trends in the market.
Staples Carder Mesh Office Chair Review
The versatility, ample padding, and pricing make the Carder irresistible. See the in-depth Staples Carder mesh office chair review for invaluable insights.
Alera Elusion Review: High-Back or Mid-back Model?
Is the Alera Elusion what the manufacturer claims to be? The Alera Elusion review answers this and other questions. Check out this review to find out more.