Disclosure: This site is reader-supported & contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more
The best recliners for small spaces ensure a perfect fit and give the owner of the small apartment a top-notch lounging experience. Everybody wants a piece of the best recliner that suits their needs and preferences in this modern era.
Sadly, with COVID 19 hitting the world like a hailstorm, people are working from home to reduce the risk of infection. It is crucial to have the best compact recliner for your tight space to assure maximum comfort and performance.
Consequently, the large market has plenty of options that can make you spoilt for choices or somewhat confused. Because you want a small space recliner that doesn’t just fit and saves space and functions well, our team came to your rescue.
This guide contains everything you need to help you buy the best space-saving recliner. With a buying guide and a profound review of each product and we are confident you will make a perfect choice. Nonetheless, we did not want you to give up style and comfort; we focussed on features like dimensions, seat size and height, and weight capacity.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Buyer’s Guide on Small Space Recliner
- Best Recliners for Small Spaces Reviews
- 1. Homall Recliner Single Sofa Recliner
- 2. Domesis Cortez Push Back Recliner
- 3. Tuoze Recliner Chair
- 4. GDFStudio Macedonia Recliner
- 5. Christopher Knight Home 308985 Ishtar Recliner
- 6. Winback Single Sofa Massage Recliner
- 7. GDF Studio Elizabeth Fabric Recliner
- 8. Dorel Living Slim Recliner
- 9. Macedonia Mid Century Recliner
- 10. Great Deal Furniture Leather Recliner
Buyer’s Guide on Small Space Recliner
Even though they are all small recliners, the measurements can vary. Preferably, look for a recliner that will perfectly fit your small space, ensuring that it is not dominating the entire area. Besides, you will still need some room for something else and move around, so get the size of your space and compare it with the recliner of your choice. Here I have a depth guide on recliner dimensions. Read to learn more.
Seat size and height
Ensure you look for a seat that you will be comfortable to sit in. Most small space recliners are small in size hence the need to test before buying not to sit comfortably. Moreover, the height of the entire chair has to accommodate your height, whether you are tall or short. You don’t want your head or your feet hanging over.
Select a chair that can support your weight steadily. A chair that does not hold you down is likely to break down and cause severe injuries. To ensure good weight support, check out the materials of the build to be sure of strength and stability and the recommended weight capacity.
You can get the best compact recliner in leather or fabric upholstery. It would be best to get easy to maintain and resilient to offer lasting service based on your needs. Better still, you should go for upholstery that blends well with your décor to create an eye-catching appearance.
Best Recliners for Small Spaces Reviews
1. Homall Recliner Single Sofa Recliner
Homall is the best small recliner chair in this modern age. It is a lightweight, black leather recliner that will make an excellent addition to any living or office space, blending with the decor. Tilt and height adjustment, as well as a controlled footrest, will guarantee the best afternoon relaxation.
Design: Weighing just 65 pounds, it is lightweight, making it also portable so you can move it to any spot you desire. The push-back mechanism is also easy to operate, providing three different positions from 90-180 degrees for working/reading, watching TV, and napping. Also, the dual-stitching enhances the elegant appearance ensuring a striking design for your space.
Construction: Additionally, this small modern recliner has a compact but steady and durable structure. It has a high-quality steel reinforced frame that will support a maximum weight capacity of 265 pounds. With dimensions of 30.31 x 27.16 x 20.67 inches, rest assured that your compact space has found its perfect match in a recliner.
Don’t worry about moving it around as it has four strong feet with anti-scratch pads to efficiently guard the sofa and hard floor.
Comfort: Furthermore, the comfort is unbeatable because of top-quality PU leather and high-density thick sponge. The PU leather is soft and comforting, but it is also resilient, easy to clean, and provided a classy touch.
Conversely, the thick sponge is highly breathable and tough enough to support the back, arms, seat, and even the footrest. Also, the upgraded footrest allows you an out-of-this-world experience to enjoy your movie or nap your fatigue away.
- Adjustable recliner: It provides three positions for your ultimate relaxation.
- Push-back function: Easy to operate with your back pushing the recliner to any position.
- Comfortable: Soft and easy to maintain PU leather with thick sponge padding and upgraded footrest.
- Durable construction: Lightweight and high-quality steel frame that holds up to 265 pounds of weight.
- Stylish design: Double-stitching and curved arms for style and comfort.
- Short headrest: Not enough head support with the head hanging off slightly.
Most consumers were happy with the chair’s great price, making it an affordable small space addition. Also, Homall is easy to assemble within few minutes, not to mention the high level of comfort it provides right after finishing the assembly.
2. Domesis Cortez Push Back Recliner
Perfect for smaller spaces, this beautiful recliner makes up an ideal embodiment of the old-fashioned charm and warmth. Linen upholstery with a touch of accent nail heads on the arms will arrange for a cozy corner for your rest.
Design: The streamlined design with dimensions of 36.5 x 38 x 64 inches is just what you are looking for in your compact space. Apart from the durable linen upholstery, the antique bronze nailhead trim accents and angled wooden feet add a vintage vibe touch.
Comfort: The linen upholstery that comes in several shades for your décor preference is soft and comfortable. Better still, it is durable and easy to clean. The linen upholstery covers fully-filled foam and sinuous springs just where you want for your comfort.
Structure: Remarkably, the push-back style is straightforward, allowing you to enter your desired position instantly. It offers the napping position because it reclines back and the TV watching position when you need to relax in front of your screen watching or playing games.
Also, the pocket coil cushioning that is lasting for an extended period, not to mention the hardwood frame build for enduring strength. The assembly just takes 5 minutes to complete, and enjoy your attractive compact recliner.
- Durable structure: Hardwood frames and pocket coil cushioning ensure lasting strength and resilience.
- Supreme comfort: Soft and easy to clean linen upholstery, filled foam, and sinuous springs for ultimate comfort.
- Elegant traditional design: Several color options, bronze accent nailheads, and turned wooden feet for an elegant vintage look.
- Easy operation: Effortless push-back operation into different positions for your preference.
- Two-stop recliner: It does not hold a position between lay down and an upright position for more comfort.
This small space recliner offers what you ask for. It is comfortable, well-built, easy to assemble, and good-looking for your perfect little space. Better still, the linen material is ideal for easy maintenance.
3. Tuoze Recliner Chair
Cozy and modern structure for a relaxation spot in the living room, furnished with an adjustable reclining armchair on four sturdy plastic feet, made of high-quality fabric and curved padded armrest.
Comfort: First, the high-quality fabric is skin-friendly and durable. Also, the material covers an advanced sponge with maximum elasticity, which ensures no deformation padding that takes you to another level of comfort.
Design and structure: The fashionable but straightforward design adds a touch of sophistication to the tiny room. Moreover, the ergonomic design allows the back curve to be fitting and dissolves the pressure, especially on the lumbar section. The arced wide armrest not only provides comfortable full-arm support but also relieves your hand pressure and stimulates blood circulation. Solid metal & wood frame ensures the safety and stability of the sofa.
Furthermore, the build is also something to note because of the high-quality metal and wood frame for stability and sturdiness. This construction supports a maximum weight of 280 pounds and offers compact dimensions of 27.5 x 29 x 38.5 inches.
Function: For a push-back operation, you can easily tilt from 90-165 degrees with a footrest when you need it to support your legs. This space-saving recliner is perfect for sitting, watching TV, and napping for your ideal comfort preference.
Better still, it offers simple steps for a straightforward installment to save your precious time.
- Maximum comfort: High-quality skin-friendly and durable fabric with an upgraded sponge for supreme comfort needs.
- Sophisticated design: It offers a simple but perfect blend of decoration and style.
- Solid structure: Robust metal and wood frame for both safety and stability for up to 280 pounds of the user’s weight.
- Simple functionality: Easy to use push-back mechanism with three positions of comfort and effortless assembly.
- It is hard to open: At first, the push-back recliner seems complicated to open as the head and arms do most of the job until you get used to it.
When you are looking to upgrade your small space for more space, look no further than Tuoze! For the price, this chair feels comfortable and looks nice as well. Besides, lumbar support works best for people with back problems.
4. GDFStudio Macedonia Recliner
A contemporary approach to a comfy and classy armchair made in a fashionable style with fabric upholstery and decorative buttons on the back. Still, it qualifies to be among the best small-scale recliner with unmatched beauty and capability.
Design and Construction: Because of its 34.25 x 38.7 x 38.7 inches dimensions, it is sleek and fits perfectly into your cute little room. The button-tufted back makes it more attractive, giving a unique and sophisticated design. Better still, with just 69 pounds, it is lightweight, giving you an easy time to rearrange or clean your room. Even though it is light, rest assured it can support 300 pounds of maximum weight.
The 100% polyester fabric comes in a variety of colors for your décor’s preference. Also, the birch legs and espresso finish makes it a knockout. Remarkably, the unique design makes people wonder if it’s a genuine recliner unless they see your feet up.
Comfort: Moreover, the polyester looks and feels appealing, stain-resistant, and durable. It also has an extra padded cushion that ensures complete support on the back, seat, armrest, and footrest. Apart from being tufted, the back also has an average size that supports the back well, providing relief on the back pains.
Functionality: As a push-back recliner, it is easy to recline into your favorite position to read a book, watch TV, or even nap. The footrest retracts effortlessly when you need it when sleeping or when enjoying something nice on the TV.
- Stylish design: Offers a sleek but practical design with a wide color range
- Sturdy construction: Strong and durable to hold about 300 pounds of weight capacity.
- Maximum comfort: Extra padding, polyester fabric, and footrest for comfortable lounging.
- Easy operation: Straightforward push-back mechanism with adjustable positions for your likeness.
- Rigid cushion: The cushion is a bit firm making it slightly uncomfortable for extended seating.
Even though it is budget-priced, it doesn’t look cheap. The polyester fabric is classy and practical against stains, creases making it resilient. Besides, you get a wide color range to have an easy time blending with your décor.
5. Christopher Knight Home 308985 Ishtar Recliner
A comfortable compact recliner with a push-back operated mechanism. It features a swivel and glider metal base. Also, the frame, deep seat, high relaxed arms, tall rectangular backrest, and headrest come in elegant fabric upholstery.
Functionality: Firstly, this is a multi-functional recliner for small spaces. It features a push-back recliner mechanism that is easy to operate using your body weight to recline and tilt forward to bring it back into an upright position. Also, it offers a beautiful and convenient glide and 360 degrees swivel function. This way, you can hold multiple conversations from any direction. Because of the several functions, it is ideal to use in a nursery as the glider somehow rocks, living room, and home library when you want to read books.
Comfort: The tall back offers adequate support for your back and neck, making your headrest in place. Better still, the thick padding on the back, seat, footrest, and arms ensure supreme relaxation and lumbar support against backaches. Also, the footrest retracts when you need it using the latch on the side, giving your legs comfortable support when you nap or watch TV. Furthermore, the fabric is durable and soft to touch to ensure comfortable and lasting lounging.
Design and Structure: This recliner offers a tufted back with clean and straight lines for a contemporary design. It brings a simple look that is highly functional for your tiny interior space. With dimensions of 25 x 35.75 x 39 inches and 69 pounds, rest assured of saving adequate space in your small area, not to mention lightweight hence portable. The structure is sturdy and stable to hold 300 pounds weight capacity.
- Multifunction: You can recline, swivel in a full circle, and glide, not to mention the rocker function.
- Maximum comfort: Tall back design, soft fabric upholstery, and thick padding for ultimate relaxation.
- Sturdy construction: Features solid metal frame to support up to 300 pounds.
- Simple but elegant: It comes in a simple but elegant design that blends well with the interior décor of a contemporary space.
- Low arms: The soft arms make it hard to support a newborn in the nursery when cuddling or feeding.
Apart from being a perfect size, the fabric is also soft and comfortable, and the entire recliner is very functional to meet all your preference and needs. Above all, the price is also very reasonable.
6. Winback Single Sofa Massage Recliner
A pretty little modern push-back reclining armchair with a sturdy frame and fabric upholstery. It features a 2 point vibration massage and high-density sponge, more so on the head and lumbar section.
Comfort and Functionality: First and foremost, the impressive 2 points lumbar massage comes with eight different vibration settings and an automatic timer between 15-30 minutes switching off when time lapses. The medium-height backrest and footrest offer maximum comfort reclining into different positions as you desire. Also, the arc-arms allow you to relieve pressure on the hands when you are in a reading position.
Design and Construction: The fabric upholstery is not only comfortable, but it is also elegant, giving the chair a contemporary finish. Better still, it is breathable but deserves top-notch care to avoid stains as it is not stain-resistant. The fabric comes in 6 different colors to blend with several interior decors of a small space for its utmost style. Therefore it becomes a perfect fit for the living room, bedroom, and even office.
With just 55 pounds and 39.8 x 27 x 34 inches, this small-scale recliner is lightweight and ideal for small spaces. Rest assured of a resilient build that supports a maximum of 275 pounds in any position you like.
- Maximum comfort: It features soft fabric and soft padding for a comfortable lounging experience.
- Multifunction: Offers a 2-point lumbar massage, push-back mechanism, and footrest for effortless operation and back pain relief.
- Classy design: Contemporary finish with a wide color variety for nearly all interior décors.
- Practical and sturdy construction: Lightweight and sturdy to support 275 pounds.
- Extra features: The side pocket is easy to reach storage for the massage remote or readable.
- Footrest does not lock: When it is in the reclined position, the footrest does not close, which is dangerous for someone with a knee injury or surgery.
While the lumbar massage function is practical, it is also straightforward to assemble, just 2 minutes to complete. The lightweight and compact size can be deceiving but rest assured it can hold 275 pounds of maximum weight. For these reasons and more, it provides excellent value!
7. GDF Studio Elizabeth Fabric Recliner
Antiquated setup for a cozy reading lounging spot in a living room, consisting of a wingback design and push-back mechanism. Also, oak wood legs with a brown coat finish, vintage armchair with studs, and tufted pattern on its back.
Design and structure: The polyester fabric is not only highly appealing but is also durable and stain-resistant. Also, the wingback design brings a touch of antique setting with the studs on the side and a tufted back to boost the appearance. Moreover, the oak wood legs are striking and sturdy, and stable to support 225 pounds.
Apart from a design that makes a statement, the structure is resilient and solid. First, it is ideal for small space with 34.75 x 28 x 41.25 inches and a fair weight of 67.35 Pounds.
Comfort: The tufted back offers full support on the back, relieving any pressure and aches. Better still, the firm but comfortable padding on the back, seat, armrests, and even footrest brings maximum comfort to your relaxation needs. The footrest retracts when you need to nap or watch your favorite show on TV. Also, the feel of the fabric is soft and skin-friendly, offering comfort for an extended period.
Functionality: Apart from being a wingback chair to allow you to dwell in comfort and warmth, the push-back mechanism is straightforward to operate with just your body weight. More so, you get to choose when to retract the footrest, either when taking a nap or watching TV because of the several positions available.
- Ultimate comfort: Soft and skin-friendly fabric with thick padding even on the footrest.
- Practical functionality: push-back mechanism straightforward to engage multiple positions.
- Sturdy and compact structure: Solid and resilient, fitting a small space and supporting 225 pounds.
- Blend of vintage and contemporary design: Wingback traditional design with modern materials and finish.
- Imbalanced side panels: One side panel was further from the other, giving an uncomfortable lean.
Most reviews commended this chair because it is straightforward to assemble, upholstery feels excellent to touch, and the general design is eye-catching. This is what your compact room needs!
8. Dorel Living Slim Recliner
Ideal for tiny spaces, this small modern recliner distinguishes beautiful beige and microfiber upholstery. It features a tall back design, push-back mechanism, which will adjust the chair to your needs and preference.
Comfort: A striking feature for ease has thick padded wide armrests and seats. Better still, the footrest is also thickly padded, ensuring your legs rest in utmost comfort. The beige microfiber is soft to touch and cleans easy. Also, the tall back gives full support to your back, especially the lumbar support.
Construction and Design: This small recliner comes with 35.75 x 31 x 38 inches and 47.3 Pounds. The dimensions and lightweight makes it a perfect match for a compact space. Also, the structure is durable with metal frames and high-quality wood, which supports an approximate 300 pounds weight capacity. Moreover, the tufted channel back and footrest cushion adds a sophisticated touch to your space. Still, the beige color is unique and blends easily with the most interior. In addition, it takes about 15 minutes to assemble fully.
Functionality: The push-back mechanism offers three functional positions for your needs, even with the small footprint. You can sit upright to read, lean back a bit to watch TV, and also lay back flat to sleep your fatigue away.
- Easy and practical function: Push-back mechanism provides three functional positions for your relaxation needs.
- Construction: Compact and lightweight yet support 300 pounds of maximum weight.
- Comfort: Thick padding and soft beige fabric upholstery.
- Design: High-back design and tufted channel back, making it practical and sophisticated.
- Stiff footrest: It becomes rigid to push back the footrest into position, but a little lubrication will ease the stiff joints.
Undeniably, it is super comfortable yet holds a lot of weight capacity. Overall the design and functionality are superb ensuring value for your money.
9. Macedonia Mid Century Recliner
An elegant comfy small recliner with a high-quality birch wood frame and a smoothly functional push-back mechanism. It has four angular brown legs, a thick seat, and full panel arms with flat tops, a tall rectangular back, and upholstery of multi-color fabric with edge piping.
Design and Structure: It has dimensions of 34.25 x 27.25 x 38 inches and 57.32 Pounds. This makes it a perfect fit for a tiny space and lightweight to place it in a favorable spot when you rearrange your living space. A striking design comes with a tufted back, edge piping, and black paint angular legs. The legs and entire frame are of solid birch wood, making the chair stable and sturdy to support 300 pounds of weight capacity.
Comfort: The thick sponge on the back, seat, arms, and footrest ensure support and coziness. The 100% polyester does not just feel and look nice, but it is also stain-resistant and durable. The footrest retracts when you want it to ensure your legs have complete and comfortable support.
Functionality: The push-back mechanism allows you to get into three different positions, ensuring you enjoy maximum comfort. With just the weight of your back, you get to recline and tilt to a TV or napping position. When you want to come back up, you just lean forward and upward, making the chair lift you back into place.
- Durable build: Features a hardwood frame structure to support 300 pounds of weight capacity.
- Utmost comfort: Extra padded cushions and feel-good polyester fabric for ultimate comfort.
- Practical and easy operation: Push-back recliner and footrest offers three positions of relaxation.
- Chic design: Chic but straightforward design with color varieties to blend with any interior décor easily.
- Stiff thick padding: The thick padding is complex, making it uncomfortable, especially when you want to nap.
According to most customers’ feedback, this small-scale recliner’s value and general functionality are worth it. Besides, the assembly process is straightforward, taking nearly 5 minutes of your time.
10. Great Deal Furniture Leather Recliner
An eye-catching comfy modern small recliner that features a push back and lever-operated mechanism. It also comes with a wooden frame, deep seat, full panel back-sloped arms and a tall rectangular backrest, and elegant leather upholstery with several color options.
Design and structure: The PU leather over the hardwood frames is a beauty! The Assembly process is straightforward, which involves two pieces without tools and completing within few minutes. Also, 27.5 x 28.5 x 36.5 inches dimensions ensure it’s a perfect fit for a tiny space. Also, the 83.8 pounds is not lightweight but relatively movable and has a sturdy wood frame to support up to 300 pounds.
Better still, it has a variety of colors for your preference of the décor of your small space.
Comfort: The PU leather upholstery is soft to the touch and easy to maintain with the easy wiping of spills and stains. Also, the thick padding is well-spread on the back, seat, armrest, and footrest. Furthermore, the curved arms offer excellent support for your arms, and the tall rectangular back supports your back fully as well.
Functionality: Easy to operate push-back recliner allows you to get into three different positions for your comfort preference. Still, the latch at the side will enable you to quickly retract the footrest when you need it without using so much energy.
- Utmost comfort: The thick sponge and PU leather allow a supreme comfortable relaxation.
- Effortless and practical operation: Push-back design with side latch enables three-position recline function and a footrest for support.
- Sturdy build: Compact and solid structure to hold 300 pounds of maximum weight.
- Contemporary design: The upholstery and modern finish ensure a classy appearance in any compact space, not to mention color variations.
- Sits low to the ground: The short distance from the floor to the chair makes it appear down, like sitting on the floor.
For starters, this small-scale recliner looks nice. Also, it has classy PU upholstery and effortless functionality. Generally, it’s a great chair that is a perfect blend for your space and assembles quickly.
For someone with a compact space, the best recliner for small spaces will turn your imagination into a reality. This means you can still enjoy utmost comfort even if space is a limitation. Thanks to the extensive review and buying guide, we are confident your decision will be straightforward. Which among the ten best selections is a perfect match for your space? Be sure to drop a comment below.
Hi there, I’m Andrew Smith, a father of 2, and an engineer from one of the leading furniture store in the country. Due to my 5 years experience, I am best suited to offering you perfect advice on different seating furniture regarding your needs and preference. Hence, I am a specialist in product reviews keeping up with the current trends in the market. Read more “about us”
10 Best Recliners for Sleeping – Perfect Piece for Living Room
Are you suffering from sleep apnea, back pains and any other condition that makes sleeping a challenge? Our selection of the best recliners for sleeping will provide the best solution.
7 Best Chair And a Half Recliner You’ll Love to Buy in 2021
Compare a various top selection of chairs and a half recliner currently in the market with different features and designs. Check out our top 7 picks.
12 Best Recliners with Ottoman Reviewed – Choice is Your
Enjoy a different approach to comfort with the best recliners with ottoman from our world-class review. Read on for a versatile selection for all your comfort needs.
10 Best Recliner for Elderly Woman in 2021 (Comfort with Mobility)
Take a look at our 10 top-rated options for the best recliner for elderly woman that suits comfort, size, and mobility features. Check out our updated list.
10 Best Leather Recliners – You’ll Love to Buy
With the countless leather recline chairs available on the market, you’ll need to be more cautious when choosing your ideal model. To get the value of your money, consider any of the below top 10 best leather recliners!
12 Best Power Recliner with Heat and Massage to Buy in 2021
Get yourself the best power recliner with heat and massage combination for your luxury and comfort needs at your home's comfort.