Disclosure: This site is reader-supported & contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more
Your joints may start to fail when they begin to wear out at some old stage in life, and surgery may come in to help. The surgery may also be of help after an accident that causes damage to your hip bone.
So, your doctor may recommend a recliner chair to make your healing journey faster and easier afterward.
Have you gone through hip surgery or preparing for one and wondering which recliner seat to buy? Look no further.
This review covers the best recliner for a hip replacement you can go for without later regrets. Also, it covers the features in-depth to help you decide the type of recliner to purchase.
Moreover, my selections are from today’s market, so read to the end.
Table of Contents
5 Best Recliner For Hip Replacement
1. Magic Union Power Lift Chair (Best Value)
Are you looking for a comfy, easy-to-use recliner? Magic union power lift chair could be your thing. It comes with two remote controls to control the chair’s massage, lift, and recline. It’s also easy to assemble.
- Material: Faux leather+wood frame+foam
- Colour- Brown
- Overall dimensions(L*W*H)- 31*33*41.3
- Wall clearance-17-20 inch
You don’t need many skills to use this recliner seat. Moreover, the chair takes care of all your comfort needs. Here’s what I mean;
What I Like
- Comfort: The Magic union power lift chair is designed to maximize your comfort with a thickly padded headrest.
The reclining angle goes up to 130 degrees to help you feel comfortable during naps.
Also, the chair assists you to stand as the power lift function lifts the chair from its base. Note that the back and footrest work together.
- Massage and heat function: The chair offers massage to the leg, lumbar, back, tight, and heat to the lumbar part.
The massager performs massage in different modes: Pulse, press, wave, auto, and normal to help meet your massage demands.
- Design: Magic Union features two cup holders, so you don’t need to worry about reaching for your drink on the table. It also has a storage pocket on each side. (Also check: Best Recliner with Cup Holder & USB Port)
- Durability: The chair has a robust and durable frame. Its stable metal structure allows the chair to withstand heavyweights. Besides, the motor is also durable.
What I Don’t Like
- Noise: The massager may make some unnecessary noises once turned on.
What The Customers Are Saying About It
Most customers agreed that it was an intelligent purchase after surgery. However, some customers complained about its size as taller customers had their legs go past the leg rest.
You’ll agree with me that magic union power lift chair is worth every coin spent. Make your purchase now and get value for your money.
2. Electric Power Lift Linen Recliner Massage Chair (Most Convenient)
The power lift linen recliner is a good investment. It features in-built cup holders, side pockets, and a USB port.
- Product dimensions: 38*33*40 inches
- Colour: Grey
- Item weight: 113.5 pounds
- Manufacturer: Best Choice Products
This recliner chair wouldn’t look out of place in any house room but it would certainly look more beautiful in the living room as it looks like normal sofas and blends with most house themes. It’s also ideal for your chief support. There’s more.
What I Like
- Power lift and design: One button press on the side allows you to recline or tilt ahead. Also, the inbuilt cup holders allow further comfort as you don’t have to overstretch to reach your cup.
- Heat and massage: The seat offers three massage modes that focus on the lumbar, back, lower legs, and thighs. The heat comes from the lumbar area. Moreover, there’s a remote control to help with massaging and heating.
- Reliable and adjustable: Power lift linen has a heavy base that keeps it stable. The USB port it features makes it easy to charge wireless devices. Also, you can adjust to positions that feel comfortable as the chair has three adjustable parts.
What I Don’t Like
- Reclining: The chair reclines too slowly.
- Massage controller: The massage controller is short; hence, it keeps falling off the ground.
What The Customers Are Saying About It
A high percentage of customers were happy and satisfied with the convenience of the chair. They said that the chair was comfortable and easy to assemble from most reviews.
The linen chair is undeniably the best recliner after hip replacement surgery from the convenience to the three adjustable positions. It provides the perfect support you need. Buy today!
3. Power Lift Lazy Boy Recliner (Most Comfortable)
The power lift lazy boy also falls in the affordable category. It features a soft PVC leather covering, which makes cleaning easy. Due to the sturdy wood frame with a robust steel mechanism, the chair can hold up to 330lbs.
- Clour: PVC
- Product height: 40.5 inches
- Product width: 34 inches
- Maximum weight capacity: 330lbs
- Seat dimensions: 22.4*21.2*28.3
Do you still want to work after hip replacement surgery? Fret not. This chair is for the living room and perfect for the office.
What I Like
- Reclining function: With this chair, you can recline to the angle that feels comfortable. It reclines up to 150 degrees to help you stand without assistance.
- Design: The lazy boy recliner is designed with a durable leather covering that feels comfortable. Also, it holds up to 330lbs.
- Convenience: The seat has side pockets to store your magazine, phone, or remote. It also has two cup holders that make your experience more comfortable. Moreover, the seat has one USB portal to charge your phone.
- Leg rest: Your comfort during sleep time is put on the table with the leg rests. However, ensure that the chair fits your height so that the legs don’t go past the leg rest.
- Massage and heat function: The seat offers five massage modes. Its massage focuses on the lumbar, back, legs, and thighs. It also provides a heat function, so you don’t need to worry about the cold in the winter season.
What I Don’t Like
- Lumbar cushion: It has too much padding on the lumbar part; hence it feels like the chair is pushing you.
What the customers are saying about it
Customers were happy with the chair’s convenience and quality, but tall customers complained about its height.
The lazy boy recliner is perfect for people of all ages, and its black color blends with most room themes. Make your purchase while stock still lasts!
Also read: 10 Best Lazy Boy Recliner for Back Pain to buy in 2022
4. Comhoma Pu Leather Recliner Chair (Best Design)
Relax your mind and hip muscles with the Comhoma recliner chair, which swivels up to 360 degrees, reclines up to 150 degrees, and rocks. It features massage and heat functions, side pockets, and two cup holders.
- Product dimensions: 37.4*35.8*40.9 inches
- Color: Brown
- Furniture base movement: swivel
- Item weight:117 pounds
This chair is also comfortable for naps. What’s more?
What I Like
- Comfort: Everyone desires to feel comfortable while watching a movie or a favorite show, even after surgery. The Comhoma recliner provides you with maximum comfort as it provides heating and massaging, cup holders, and side bags.
All you need to do is place your drink in the holder, recline to your favorite position, put the remote in the pocket, and feel relaxed.
- Rocking: What I like most about this chair is that it rocks. So, if you’re a mother that got a hip replacement, you can rock your baby with this seat comfortably.
- Lumbar support: The Comhoma recliner provides excellent lumbar support, maintaining a healthy back. It also has excellent padding to give you maximum comfort.
What I Don’t Like
- Reclining: To recline the chair, you place your hands on the hand rests and push the chair backward using your body weight.
However, that reclining technique may be challenging after a hip replacement surgery — consider getting help from a loved one, therefore.
What Customers are saying about it
Customers were happy with the seat. One customer expressed his satisfaction by saying, “…I would buy more, I’m not a small guy, and for the money, it’s 100% worth every penny.”
If you’re a nursing mother who had hip surgery, this chair is best for you. It makes your healing journey fun, and it can also help soothe your baby to sleep as it rocks. Therefore, buy yours now!
5. Apex(Tm) Premium Hip Chair (Best For Shower)
Are you having trouble taking a shower and need support after hip surgery?APEX Premium hip chair is what you need. With its adjustability, it can lift you to a standing height.
Besides, it features padded armrests and back for comfort.
- Material: Commercial Grade polyurethane foam, aluminum
- Color: Blue
- Maximum weight: 265 pounds
- Furniture finish: Plastic
The doctors highly recommend this chair as the best chair after hip replacement. Are you wondering why? Check the reasons below.
What I Like:
- Design: APEX Premiumchair features removable armrests that act as leverage points, making entering and exiting the seat easy. The area of sitting and the back have excellent padding for maximum comfort.
Also, it has a bright blue color that’s easy to notice; it makes work easier for the visually impaired.
- Comfort: Unlike retro chairs whose parts get cold and slippery, the APEX chair is non-slippery and warm to the touch to provide comfort. Additionally, the polyurethane padding doesn’t absorb water and is easy to clean and disinfect.
- Adjustability: The chair’s height is adjustable to your preferred height. Also, you can tilt the seat’s surface up to 13 degrees by letting the seat’s front be lower than its back. Sitting will be made easier.
- Weight: The APEX premium hip chair is lightweight but robust. So, you can carry it around the house to your preferred area without breaking a sweat.
What I Don’t Like
- Height adjustment: The lowest height that the chair can adjust to is not low enough. Therefore, people below average length may have trouble reaching their legs to the floor.
What Customers Are Saying About It
The customers were happy with how the chair made showering easier. Nonetheless, others recommended it for use outside the bathroom.
Unfortunately, the short fellows complained about the high height of the chair at its lowest adjustment. Still, some didn’t like how wobbly it gets at its highest peak.
It’s perfect for showers after hip surgery, and you can also sit to relax on the chair. It’s the best you can buy.
5 Best Recliners for Hip Pain – You’ll Love to Buy in 2022
10 Best Office Chair for Lower Back And Hip Pain
Is A Recliner Good After Hip Replacement
Yes. A recliner is good after hip replacement. Its high height allows good circulation in your body and enables you to heal fast. For this reason, doctors recommend you get best recliner for after hip surgery.
Nonetheless, having the wrong one can bring unnecessary pains to some body parts like the neck and back. It can also feel uncomfortable.
So, how do you choose the best recliner for hip replacement? Here’s what to look out for:
- Ensure that the chair’s height suits you: Most recliners have leg rest where you place your legs during sleep time. If the chair is shorter than you, your legs go past the leg rests, compromising comfort.
- Comfort: Before you make a purchase, see if the chair offers comfort. Thin padding gets uncomfortable after long hours of sitting, especially to the back and butt. Also, go for a chair that offers extra comfort features like a heat function to warm you on cold days and a massager to relax your muscles.
- Doctor’s recommendations: Your doctor may advise you to avoid unnecessary movements for fast healing after a hip surgery. It’s essential to buy the best recliner for sleeping after surgery that supports the doctor’s advice.
- Ease of accessing accessories: Remember, the recliners are taller than regular chairs. So, let the chair have cup holders so you won’t need to change positions reaching for it on the table. (Also, check out this list of the best recliners for a tall man)
Can I Use A Recliner After Hip Replacement
Well, yes! You can use a recliner after hip replacement. Besides, surgeons recommend a recliner chair in place of regular chairs and sofas.
The reason is that a recliner helps you follow the doctor’s restrictions to range of motion. Are you wondering how the chair does that? Here’s how.
- Doctors discourage crossing of the legs while seated. The good news is that recliners seem to discourage that.
- Also, doctors discourage rotating the legs internally. While using regular chairs, you’re likely to have your toes pointing towards each other, and that’s internal leg rotation. The best recliner chair after hip replacement surgery helps because it let the toes drop to the side when you sit on it.
- The last and most significant restriction to the range of motion is not to bend the hip into a more than 90 degrees flexion. Nonetheless, with a reclining chair, you can adjust it to meet a comfortable position that’s not more than 90 degrees of flex to relax or watch television. This is, however, impossible if you use a regular chair that won’t recline.
It’s, therefore, safe to say that a recliner is essential after hip replacement and can be put on the must-buy list.
When Can You Sit In a Recliner after Hip Replacement Surgery
You should wait for six weeks before sitting in a recliner after a hip replacement surgery. However, if you follow the 90 degrees motion range rule, it’s safe to sit in a recliner after discharge.
Here’s why – you want to put very little pressure on the replaced hip to avoid pain and slow healing. You can’t achieve that with non-reclining chairs. So, if you use regular chairs for six weeks, you’re more likely to hurt your hip area.
Surgeons would suggest that you use a recliner after discharge for the following set of reasons:
- A reclining chair allows you to meet the doctor’s rule of not flexing beyond 90 degrees.
- Since you should also avoid low chairs that make it difficult to stand up, a recliner is vital. Why? It’s high and gives you the standing support you need.
- Doctors advise you to exercise your replaced hip to function well. It may be too painful at times, though, and the best solution for this is rest. Resting in the best recliner after hip surgery is best compared to ordinary chairs and beds.
When deciding on the best recliner for hip replacement to purchase, always put yourself first. Put your needs on the table.
Ask yourself, do you want a chair to use every day? Or, do you need a chair to assist you in the shower? The questions help you better decide the seat you need to purchase. Better still, a recliner makes your recovery process faster and easier.
It also assists you in different activities, either indoors or outdoors. Moreover, it provides you with the maximum comfort you need during recovery.
I found Comhoma the best recliner for a hip replacement out of the five recliners. Which one did you find best?
6 Best Recliner for Neck Pain in 2022
Are you suffering from neck pain? Have you tried everything to ease muscle tension but failed? In this review, you’ll discover the best recliner for neck pain.
10 Best Swivel Rocker Recliner Reviews (Top Recommendation)
Browse a wide selection of the best swivel rocker recliner in different sizes, designs, functionality, and construction. To meet your needs in comfort, luxury, and style.
Top 8 Best Home Theater Recliners of 2022
Best home theater recliners capitalize on comfort while enhancing your at-home theater experiences. We’ve researched and outlined the top 8 best units for a flawless home theater setting. Check out and get your pick!
5 Best Recliner for Scoliosis
Find the best recliner for scoliosis that offers lumbar support and is adjustable to fit all your needs. Click here to get the best chair on the market today.